Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Great Valentine Books For Kids

I am sort of a book goober. I like books. I love books. Real books. Paper and binding and little water stains from where I read in the bathtub and a coffee spill books. I love love love children's books. Having been a teacher a long time now, I have some favorites I thought I'd share. These are books to be read over and over and treasured and talked about. Enjoy!

Sylvester and the Magic Pebble  by William Steig
Every family should own this book about a family of donkeys who's only son dissappears. Little do they know he has encountered a magic pebble which he accidentally used to turn into a rock. What follows is a feast for the eyes and the heart.

The Jolly Postman  By Allan Ahlberg    Available on Amazon
This is the cutest book about a post man that delivers mail to all sorts of characters. It has actual envelopes on the pages where kids can open and pull out the mail for that character.

The Kissing Hand  By Audrey Penn
This is a great story about a mama raccoon and her baby who she sends off to school with a kiss on his hand for comfort. Darling!!

**More to come later in the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment