Friday, April 11, 2014

Sing It Mama!!

My bible study gals and I were recently brainstorming ideas of worship. We were complaining about our distracted natures and the difficulty to stay focused. One of the ideas was not just listening to Christian music which is powerful in its own right, but to pick a few hymns or songs that really move you and play them loud and sing along. I know David sang out to the Lord often. There is something about belting out a great hymn in your kitchen, or your car, or while you are putting on your mascara when you're alone. 

I am thinking it wouldn't be bad for my kids to hear me now and then. When I sing along with the hymn I am attaching, my dogs look at me funny. I get goosebumps every time, and can hardly keep from choking up not only at the beauty of the voices of Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill, but the emotion I feel singing along from the bottom of my heart. 

Try it! Let Him know you love him, even if you can't read your bible today for more than 5 minutes because you get sleepy. If you are struggling to pray because your thoughts are scattered. Maybe all you need to do is:

                                 
                                                                                               Sing It!!



If you want to download this song in audio, it is on an album of country artists singing hymns which is great. It is called How great thou art. 






No comments:

Post a Comment